Waterjet Orifices: Diamond, tetraCORE™ Diamond, Ruby & Sapphire
At dtiEXACT™, we manufacture high-quality waterjet orifices for use in the cleaning and waterjet cutting industries. We supply a line of waterjet orifices made with a selection of reliable materials, including diamond, ruby, and sapphire. Each of these materials offers numerous benefits, and dtiEXACT™’s solutions offer unique advantages that make our products consistently dependable.
Many applications use diamond waterjet orifices, which produce a jet stream that’s more cohesive than either sapphire or ruby. Because of this, diamond orifices tend to yield longer mixing-tube life, along with higher cutting power. Diamond orifices work with equipment of 40k to 100k PSI, and certain applications use them to perform long cuts on more expensive materials that may otherwise be destroyed due to mid-cut orifice failure by other less precise orifice types.
Our Premium dtiCORE™ Diamond orifice is the most superior diamond orifices available. Made from the world’s most flawless diamonds, these orifices are devoid of fractures, inclusions, or carbon spots. This enables them to withstand water pressures as high as 100,000 PSI, without experiencing any wear or erosion.
Advantages of diamond orifices include:
- Over 1,000 hours of life in ultra high-pressure environments
- The most durable orifice available
- No degradation of the orifice ID edge
- Optimum edge quality and cutting precision
- Fastest cutting speeds
- Minimal downtime
- Maximizes the lifespan of surrounding cutting head components
- Uses minimal garnet
- Superior alignment of orifices
- Ideal jet stream length
- Dependable cutting performance
The design of diamond waterjet orifices feature:
- Premium performance using a combination of orifice types within a large variety of mounts and cutting heads
- Long jet streams and optimum coherency
- Robust material integrity
- Compatibility with a wide variety of applications
- Precision alignment for extending cutting head component life and providing top-quality cuts
Performance Grade Diamond (tetraCORE™)
dti EXACT’s tetraCORE™ features a grade of superhard material with a strategically structured atomic lattice. Its design provides a durable and tough tetrahedral bond which is impervious to corrosion, unsusceptible to fractures, promoting long product life and reduced operating costs. This material both outperforms and outlasts other more expensive, inauthentic, and inferior lab-grown diamonds.
The benefits of our tetraCORE™ products include:
- 10-15 times longer lifespan compared to ruby and sapphire
- Two to three times longer lifespan than typical PCD
- A binderless structure that prevents premature erosion of edges
- Improved jet stream consistency
- Lower operational costs
- Predictable wear during the product’s lifetime
- Superior durability in harsh high pressure environments
- Reduced requirements for supervision
Sapphire waterjet orifices work for applications with less critical requirements because they are more susceptible to damage in certain high-pressure applications.
At dtiExact™, we manufacture sapphire orifices of the highest quality in the waterjet industry. Depending on our customers’ needs, we offer both standard or custom sizes and integrate them into a variety of assembly styles.
Some of the key benefits and considerations of sapphire orifices include:
- Rigid corundum construction
- A 9.0 rating on the Mohs hardness scale
- Life expectancy to an average of 40 hours of life from immediate failure
- Orifice ID edge degradation resulting from high pressure use and/or impacts
- Compatibility for most applications of 60k PSI or less
Sapphire orifices feature several unique design elements, such as:
- Internal geometries initially intended for pure water cutting
- Sharp edge internal dimension technology
- Long, coherent jet streams with more vulnerability to debris impact than diamond or ruby
- Lacks precise alignment
Ruby waterjet orifices are similar in their properties to sapphire orifices. Like sapphire orifices, they are ideal for lower-demanding applications because they are prone to becoming damaged unpredictability because of their pink/red tint, it is simple to discern a ruby nozzle. The industry typically produces ruby with an inlet more conducive to abrasive cutting therefore they tend to hold up in high-pressure applications better than sapphire.
dtiEXACT™ offers both standard and custom ruby orifice assemblies based on your specifications, with some of the best materials available to meet your application’s unique requirements.
Ruby orifices offer the following features:
- 9.0 rating on the Mohs hardness scale
- A lifespan of anywhere from immediate failure up to 40 hours
- Less coherent jet streams that continue to degrade as the product experiences wear
- Degradation of the orifice ID edge throughout the product’s life
- Applicable for systems using 60k PSI or less
Design elements of ruby orifices include:
- A more robust inlet flare compared to “sharp edge” orifices
- Originally designed for abrasive cutting
- Shorter jetstream length but an increase in vacuum for pulling in abrasive
- More capable of withstanding debris impact compared to sapphire
- No precision alignment
Superior Waterjet Orifices at dti EXACT
For applications requiring consistently reliable waterjet orifices, turn to the experts at dti EXACT. We produce industry-leading orifices using our 30,000-square-foot of manufacturing space, with ISO 9001 and AS 9100 certification backing each product. We work with many types of materials, including ultra-hard products, and provide servicing runs from prototype to the production phase.
Regardless of your needs, we are here to serve as your number-one supplier for waterjet orifices. You can learn more about our waterjet orifice products at dti INSIDE or contact us today for more information.